Saturday, June 07, 2008

My New Bicycle



Well, I don't have it yet, but I'm getting it this Friday! I'm so excited that I can't wait to share all of the details. What I can say is that I wrote a 50-word essay describing how a new bike would set me free. I received an email yesterday morning that my essay was chosen and I'm one of several people in San Francisco that will get to cruise around on this sweet bicycle.

I've been thinking about getting a bicycle for about a month or two now. I joined the bicycle coalition and in one of their weekly emails was an opportunity to get this new bike. Again, I'll write more details, once I sign the release form and actually get the bike on Friday.

Woohoo! I'm so excited:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh way cool. I love your writing style. So, it's no surprise you won. Congrats! I can't wait to hear about your adventures. Where do guys ride? Do you have bike trailers or bike seats for the kids when you head out w/the family?

I have a "new" bike b/c there was a great bike path in AK that we used to ride on. I even towed Liv in a trailer when I was 8-months pregnant. Here, we cannot find a good bike park. It's probably our biggest peeve about being here. With my bad knee, it's the best form of exercise for me (and swimming-but, joining a pool is very expensive) and except when they close off the main road for bikers once a month or so, there's no reasonably close place to do it. Maybe when we vaca in the Algarve and/or camp.

sf mom said...

We don't ride anywhere as a family.

I'm hoping to get out by myself for exercise and also to do quick errands down the street. My ultimate goal is to ride it everywhere in the city. It's hard, though. My job requires me to drive all throughout NoCal, so it's not feasible to ride my bike to work. I'll keep you updated for sure.