Sunday, May 18, 2008

Seeking Contentment

I've been thinking about this blog for the last few weeks. Since many of my friends and family have blogs updating everyone about their family, I thought that maybe I could join in and share my thoughts too.

Of course, my blog started off with a personal finance twist. I originally thought that I would have to post daily (or at least more often than once a year!). That I should contribute to the blogosphere through carnivals and commenting on other personal finance blogs. But, the reality is that by posting here, I can just journal about my life, my struggles, my family, my job, my finances...all the ways that I'm searching for contentment in my life. Mind you, I don't ever want to be content, meaning that I really don't ever want to stop the seeking. I do want to learn how to be happy with the hear and now. I want to not want anything, but personally, I can't stop the seeking. It's in my blood.

So, with that being said, I'm going to try to use this site now as a journey of my life. The good and the bad. I hope to share stories about my struggles, but mostly about how good I have it. Because really I have everything a person needs. I'm healthy, my family is healthy, my husband loves me, my children are adorable, I have a great job, I have all the money I need, I can pay my bills on time, I eat great food, I have a great house, I have WONDERFUL friends and gosh darn it, people like me:)

We'll see how far it goes. I'm not holding myself to any expectations as I hope you don't either. Welcome...again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post. You're a wonderful writer. I enjoyed how this post defined the title of your blog. I like your perspective on "seeking contentment." Made me think.

I look forward to being a regular reader and commentor.