Monday, January 08, 2007

Travel Vouchers

We finally made it to my home town on Saturday afternoon after several long hours looming about the Dallas Fort Worth Airport. All of our flights were on time, the issue was that they were over-booked. Now, when I hear that, a thought passes my mind that it would be nice to get the money, but then I quickly get over it and happily board the plane. When I start a journey, I'm ready to get to the destination, especially at the beginning of a trip when I'm excited about it. This never happens on the way home! I'm also excited to get from Point A to Point B because I have an almost 2 year old daughter and she can be quite a handful.

Ohhh, but my husband, is very different. He hears that the airline attendants need volunteers and he sees dollar signs like a tiger salivates over raw meat. He had those puppy dog eyes and looked at me and said, $600 is a lot of money. Are you sure you don't want to work something out? After agreeing that we did not want to spend the night, we worked out $200 travel vouchers each, confirmation on the next flight out in about 3 hours, and a cab ride back to my home town. When that flight came up, I was then convinced to take the $300 travel voucher they offered for that flight and the hotel room to spend the night. We were confirmed on the flight out at 10:30 the next morning. Not too shabby, $1000 worth of travel vouchers to spend a few extra hours in Dallas.

At this point, I've forgotten all about the long hours in the airport; we are caught up on sleep. We ended up splurging on beer and a chocolate fudge brownie while we were waiting. It was a nice treat.

No comments: