Thursday, October 05, 2006

Another goof up

I am ususally the most diligent, up-to-date organized person. However, lately, I've done some major goof ups when it comes to my finances. I wrote about one the other day, and now I must confess to another.

I was booking my flight to Louisiana in January to visit my family. I don't know what I was thinking, but I put the wrong dates. I confirmed, reconfirmed, pressed the button of no return and then when I was reading the confirmation email 5 minutes later, I realized that I put in the wrong dates! I quickly called my credit card company, the airline, and then finally the online search company where I bought the tickets (cheapoairfare.com). The tickets were already purchased, so the guy in customer service at cheapoairfare.com helped me out. He was VERY kind and helped me get the right dates; however, I still had to pay $140 extra. We had to cancel the previous reservation and book another one and, of course, the other dates had a change in fare, so I had to pay the difference plus a $35 change fee. I hemmed and hawed for about 5 minutes and then just booked the new ticket. $140 was worth an extra 5 days with my family. I just screwed up and it was my own damn fault!! Arrgghh!! When am I going to get my act together?

I pledge to meditate, pray, run, walk or do yoga each day to bring back my sanity!!!

No comments: