Thursday, August 03, 2006

100 Things About Me

I'm joining the band wagon over at AllFinacialMatters. Here are 100 Things that tells you something about me.

1. Born on May 15, 1975
2. I have 2 siblings: a sister and a brother
3. I grew up in South Louisiana.
4. And went to college in New Orleans.
5. I was a pre-med, Biology major
6. I wanted to be a doctor.
7. I don’t want to be a doctor anymore.
8. I’ve lived in Tampa, FL
9. and in Chicago.
10. I LOVE Chicago.
11. I trained for my first marathon there.
12. and got certified to teach yoga there.
13. I’m certified to teach prenatal yoga too.
14. I don’t teach yoga.
15. I work too much.
16. I met my husband at his brother’s wedding.
17. On October 9, 1999.
18. I moved to San Francsico in August 2000.
19. I got married May 11, 2002.
20. My husband’s birthday is May 12th.
21. He’s 9 years older than me.
22. We have a big birthday anniversary party each year in May.
23. I love music.
24. I love Beck.
25. and Pink Floyd.
26. and Madonna.
27. and Cowboy Mouth.
28. I love going to concerts.
29. Paul McCartney put on a fabulous concert!
30. I’ve run 3 marathons:
31. San Diego RocknRoll Marthon
32. Las Vegas International Marathon
33. and the 25th Anniversary Chicago marthon in 2002.
34. I’m retired from running marathons.
35. I’ve run 2 half marathons.
36. I want to run another one soon.
37. I want to have another baby soon.
38. So, I might not run another half marathon soon :)
39. I need to exercise more.
40. I want to meditate more.
41. and write more.
42. I’m 5’6”
43. I have long, dark hair.
44. I like nice people.
45. I have 2 best friends from high school.
46. I have 5 great girl friends from college.
47. We email each other weekly.
48. I’m going to a baby shower in Houston for one of them.
49. We all live in different states.
50. I miss my girlfriends.
51. I love my husband.
52. He’s thoughtful.
53. and handsome
54. and a wonderful father
55. My daughter is uber-cool.
56. She knows sign language.
57. She’s 18 months old.
58. I wanted to have a homebirth.
59. But she was breech
60. So, I had to go to the hospital.
61. I hope to have a homebirth for my next baby.
62. I love my midwife.
63. I was a vegetarian for 8 years.
64. I’ve just recently started eating turkey.
65. and bacon.
66. I don’t eat red meat.
67. or pork.
68. I love to read.
69. I love my family.
70. I love my in-laws.
71. I love to travel.
72. We went to Italy for vacation this year.
73. with our daughter.
74. It was fabulous.
75. We went to Thailand and Japan for our honeymoon.
76. I want to go to India.
77. and Spain.
78. and England.
79. and Germany.
80. and back to France.
81. I want to speak fluent French.
82. I’m taking French classes at San Francisco City Collge.
83. Classes start next week.
84. I can’t wait.
85. I want/need a massage.
86. My husband is a massage therapist.
87. He says he’s retired.
88. I believe in acupuncture.
89. and chiropractic care.
90. and meditation.
91. and prayer.
92. I try to go to church every Sunday.
93. I support Team In Training, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, The La Leche League, Amnesty International, St. Anthony Foundation, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Project Inform, The Red Cross, The March of Dimes and Goodwill Industries
94. I like to give back to my community.
95. I love cooking
96. I love wine.
97. and I especially love champagne.
98. I’m a dark chocolate snob.
99. I enjoy being part of the PF blogging community.
100. I hope people read my blog.

5 comments:

Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

I enjoyed reading your list! It is my first time visiting your blog, but I've marked it so I can read through it :)

sf mom said...

Thank you udandi! I'm still a newbie to the PF blog world and I really appreciate your comment! :)

Thanks for stopping by.
sf mom

Anonymous said...

I live in Tampa and it sure is hot and humid today! Ahh... time to go wash the car :-)

Dawn said...

98. I’m a dark chocolate snob.

Me too- no more milk chocolate for me

Tiredbuthappy said...

64. I’ve just recently started eating turkey.
65. and bacon.
66. I don’t eat red meat.
67. or pork.

This sounds like me. I eat birds, fish, and bacon.

I found your blog because of a comment you left on Making Our Way. I was intrigued by the fact that you have a stay-at-home-dad at your house. My partner works half time and he's home with our son the rest of the time. Not too many of us out there, esp in the PF blogging world.

BTW, you have great taste in books. I love all the books you listed in your Blogger profile.

Welcome to the blogosphere! I look forward to reading more of your stuff.