Thursday, December 30, 2010

Personal Intentions for 2011

Like most people, at the start of a new year, I try to get organized.  This year is no different except I'm changing the wording of my organization from goal-setting to setting intentions.  Small, yet significant difference.  By nature, I'm a goal-oriented person.  And some of the time that can be a fault.  So this year, I'm setting intentions.  I'm putting them out there so that they are in my consciousness, but won't fret about all of the details.  They will happen.  And if they don't, well, they don't.

This will be the first of at least 4 sets of intentions (personal, family, financial, and house projects.)

So here it goes:

  • Attend the Yoga Journal Conference here in San Francisco.  It is a 3-day conference jam-packed with classes from amazing teachers that I've been reading about for years.  Seane Corn, Gary Kraftsow, Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Cyndi Lee, Sharon Gannon, David Life, Sarah Powers.  I will be photographing and writing about my experience and posting it for the Zobha folks, who were kind enough to give me a free VIP pass!
  • Go on a long weekend vacation with my college girlfriends.  We've narrowed our choices to Chicago; now we just have to plan the details.
  • Attend 2 meditation retreats, maybe a 1 week retreat.
  • Knitting projects:  3 pairs of gloves, a pair of socks, 2 hats, the Traveling Woman Shawl and learn to knit bracelets.
  • Exercise/Health:  Try to exercise 5-6 days per week.  It doesn't always have to be a hard and fast rule, but I'd like to have some variation of Dailey Method classes, Yoga, and Running.
  • Meditate Daily.  Not necessarily on my cushion, but it wouldn't be bad if it were.
  • Journal and/or blog on a regular basis.  Which brings me to my intention for this blog.  I have so many ideas and interests that I can't narrow it down.  So this blog is about my life, about how I seek contentment.  I'll write about what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, or interesting things I've learned or am learning.  I enjoy knitting, exercising, yoga, reading, meditation, spending time with my children and husband, cooking, traveling, creating, organizing, and volunteering.  My biggest challenge is to stay focused and to live my life right now, in the moment, in this reality.
There you have it.  I've made my intention, wrote it down, and will now let it go. 

No comments: