This will be the first of at least 4 sets of intentions (personal, family, financial, and house projects.)
So here it goes:
- Attend the Yoga Journal Conference here in San Francisco. It is a 3-day conference jam-packed with classes from amazing teachers that I've been reading about for years. Seane Corn, Gary Kraftsow, Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Cyndi Lee, Sharon Gannon, David Life, Sarah Powers. I will be photographing and writing about my experience and posting it for the Zobha folks, who were kind enough to give me a free VIP pass!
- Go on a long weekend vacation with my college girlfriends. We've narrowed our choices to Chicago; now we just have to plan the details.
- Attend 2 meditation retreats, maybe a 1 week retreat.
- Knitting projects: 3 pairs of gloves, a pair of socks, 2 hats, the Traveling Woman Shawl and learn to knit bracelets.
- Exercise/Health: Try to exercise 5-6 days per week. It doesn't always have to be a hard and fast rule, but I'd like to have some variation of Dailey Method classes, Yoga, and Running.
- Meditate Daily. Not necessarily on my cushion, but it wouldn't be bad if it were.
- Journal and/or blog on a regular basis. Which brings me to my intention for this blog. I have so many ideas and interests that I can't narrow it down. So this blog is about my life, about how I seek contentment. I'll write about what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, or interesting things I've learned or am learning. I enjoy knitting, exercising, yoga, reading, meditation, spending time with my children and husband, cooking, traveling, creating, organizing, and volunteering. My biggest challenge is to stay focused and to live my life right now, in the moment, in this reality.