Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's been great!

I have to admit that I was a little worried a few days ago that I was going to be overwhelmed and exhausted with having the girls by myself this weekend. I know that sounds horrible. I am lucky to spend so much time with them. I know this. But I also like to rest and have my space. I'm also lucky that L helps out and gives me time to rest! I know it's difficult to have young children, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed with working full-time and being a wife and mommy full-time too. At least this past weekend, I got to drop one of those roles!

Don't get me wrong, I am exhausted right now, but I'm loving all of the snuggle time I'm getting with my two angels.

We started the weekend on Thursday. After I picked up S from Billygoats, we went to get her hair cut. She was fabulous!

She sat in this car and held still for about 30 minutes. It helped that she knew she was getting a pink lollipop when she was done. We talked about getting her hair cut for about a week and each time I mentioned it, she yelled, "No!" That's when I decided it would be best to bribe her. I love it short like this. She looks like a little girl and not a toddler. I can't believe she's growing so fast! She hasn't made too much of a fuss about it, but she did tell me that she likes long hair. Oh well, for a few more years, it needs to stay short. It's too difficult to fight with her to brush it!

I thought for sure I could get both girls home to take a nap, but that didn't happen. They were both nice and cranky when I had the neighborhood ladies over for our weekly GNG meeting. (More info about GNG later!) We had an interesting meeting. I finally got the girls to sleep after many books and a little crying. As we finished our meeting, S woke up screaming as if from a bad dream. It took a long time to get her to quiet down, and eventually I brought her into bed with me and we all went to sleep.

More about Friday and Saturday later...the girls are calling.

No comments: